We believe that the food system should be controlled by the people it serves. We want to be a part of a democratic food system where both the producers and consumers are working together to secure a healthy, wholesome local food system.
How will this work in practice?
Well, it involves getting people together to talk about what they want to see from a local food system; to share ideas about how we could improve this system; or just to talk about and share good food. This is what the Hyb Bywd can offer – a way of facilitating these conversations.
The Hyb Bywd is registered as a Co-operative Community Interest Company. This means that the assets of the company are held to benefit to local community, and residents of the local community can join the co-operative.
We offer Consumer Membership to those who use the Hyb Bywd and Producer Membership for our food Producers.
As a Consumer Member you can help direct the development of the Hyb Bywd and make sure it works for you and the local community. Each member has a vote so if you can attend our seasonal general meetings and you can stand to be on the board of directors of the co-operative as a Consumer Member representative.
As a consumer member you can help the Hyb Bywd by volunteering and receive a 10% discount in return.
As a Consumer Member you can join the Wholesale Hyb Bywd Clwb – With consumer membership you can order your wholefoods with us every month from our suppliers. This means you get wholesale cost price and we all save on using extra packaging! For more information see: Hyb Bywd Clwb
Join as a consumer membership and volunteer with the Hyb Bywd in exchange for a discount on your weekly order. Here are the following volunteer opportunities with the Hyb Bywd for consumer members:
- Delivery – If you can deliver any of the weekly order you will receive a 10% discount and 45p per mile expenses.
- Providing a Pick-up Point – If you can provide a secure space for delivery/collection of pick up points you can claim a 10% discount
- Packing – If you can lend a hand with packing on a Friday morning you will receive a 10% discount on any orders through the Hyb Bywd.
- Translation – We want to make the welsh language the primary way we articulate the meaning of local food. We are learning Welsh but we need help with translation. Any translation work for publication an you will receive a 10% discount.
- Marketing – Writing articles for our blog, posting news updates and helping us to promote the Hyb Bywd through leaflets and Social Media. This could be as simple as sending us some ideas to put I the newsletter each week. In return you will have a 10% discount on Hyb Bywd orders.
If you are already signed up as a customer with the Hyb Bywd and you are interested in joining as a consumer member it costs just £1 per year to join. Feel free to contact us for the membership form.
Or just follow this link: